Press Release: September 19, 2007
Programming ASP.NET AJAX--New from O'Reilly Media: Building Dynamic Web 2.0-Style UIs the Easy Way
Sebastopol, CA--Delivering rich, Web 2.0 experiences has never been easier. With expert trainer Christopher Wenz's Programming ASP.NET AJAX (O'Reilly, $39.99), you'll learn how to create professional, dynamic web pages with Ajax in no time. In his new book, Wenz provides a comprehensive hands-on introduction to Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 1.0--the exciting new framework offering many of the same benefits for Ajax development that ASP.NET provides for server-side development.
This authoritative new resource goes beyond mere documentation to providing the insight developers need to understand the new framework. Released previously as "Programming Atlas" to cover the beta version of the Microsoft framework, Wenz's new edition is fully expanded for the official 1.0 release of ASP.NET AJAX.
And the book has already garnered enthusiastic praise. "Wenz does for ASP.NET AJAX what Grisham does for courtrooms. Superb," says Wintellect's Jeff Prosise.
Programming ASP.NET AJAX contains many hard-to-find details, along with a few unofficial ways to accomplish tasks. It's the perfect resource for this exciting new framework. Developers will not only learn how to easily create websites with pages using Ajax, but also relevant guidelines, best practices, and pitfalls.
Programming ASP.NET AJAX offers:
- A high-level overview of the ASP.NET AJAX framework
- Functional code that you can cut and paste for use in your own applications
- Contents and organization that reflect the framework's packages, including Extensions, Control Toolkit, the Futures CTP, and the AJAX Library
- Sidebars throughout the book that identify and propose solutions to potential security breaches
- Ways to use the standards-based AJAX Library with other platforms, such as PHP
- A complete chapter on the UpdatePanel control for making individual parts of a web page independently updatable--one of the framework's most important elements
Programming ASP.NET AJAX
ISBN: 0-596-51424-7, $39.99 USD
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room