Sebastopol, CA--Delivering rich, Web 2.0 experiences has never been easier. With expert trainer Christopher Wenz's Programming ASP.NET AJAX (O'Reilly, $39.99), you'll learn how to create professional, dynamic web pages with Ajax in no time. In his new book, Wenz provides a comprehensive hands-on introduction to Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 1.0--the exciting new framework offering many of the same benefits for Ajax development that ASP.NET provides for server-side development.
This authoritative new resource goes beyond mere documentation to providing the insight developers need to understand the new framework. Released previously as "Programming Atlas" to cover the beta version of the Microsoft framework, Wenz's new edition is fully expanded for the official 1.0 release of ASP.NET AJAX.
And the book has already garnered enthusiastic praise. "Wenz does for ASP.NET AJAX what Grisham does for courtrooms. Superb," says Wintellect's Jeff Prosise.
Programming ASP.NET AJAX contains many hard-to-find details, along with a few unofficial ways to accomplish tasks. It's the perfect resource for this exciting new framework. Developers will not only learn how to easily create websites with pages using Ajax, but also relevant guidelines, best practices, and pitfalls.
Programming ASP.NET AJAX offers:
- A high-level overview of the ASP.NET AJAX framework
- Functional code that you can cut and paste for use in your own applications
- Contents and organization that reflect the framework's packages, including Extensions, Control Toolkit, the Futures CTP, and the AJAX Library
- Sidebars throughout the book that identify and propose solutions to potential security breaches
- Ways to use the standards-based AJAX Library with other platforms, such as PHP
- A complete chapter on the UpdatePanel control for making individual parts of a web page independently updatable--one of the framework's most important elements
Programming ASP.NET AJAX
ISBN: 0-596-51424-7, $39.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.