Press Release: September 4, 2008
O'Reilly Launches New Conference--iPhoneLivePlease note that the iPhoneLive Conference has been postponed. For more information, see en.oreilly.com/iphonelive2008. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
O'Reilly Launches iPhoneLive Conference and Opens Registration
Build It; Launch It; Use It
Sebastopol, CA, September 3, 2008--O'Reilly Media introduces and opens registration for iPhoneLive, a new conference scheduled for November 18, 2008, at the Holiday Inn San Jose in Silicon Valley, California. Conference chairs Raven Zachary and Bill Dudney are creating a full day's schedule featuring keynotes from visionaries and leading thinkers in the mobile space, "Build" and "Launch" tracks of breakout sessions, and panel discussions exploring the iPhone ecosystem. Some of the biggest names in the emerging iPhone industry will speak in the intimate setting of this new conference.
With less than three months between this announcement and the conference, the conference chairs are putting the program together with an agility and speed befitting the iPhone. Planning to feature the very newest developments and information, Zachary and Dudney both anticipate a conference every iPhone enthusiast should attend.
"The iPhone platform represents a major shift in mobility and provides a compelling opportunity for businesses to deliver products and services, whether native or web-based, in new and exciting ways to a global audience. iPhoneLive will bring together iPhone developers, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts for a day dedicated to the emergence of the iPhone platform," says Zachary. "If you're already developing products and services for the iPhone or are in the process of evaluating the platform, this is the place to be."
"I can't wait for the conference! It's going to be a great day filled with some fantastic opportunities to learn about iPhone application and business development as well as a great chance to network with the movers and shakers of this nascent industry," adds Dudney. "The slate of speakers we already have is great, but we are always looking for more. If you have any ideas, please let us know via an email to email@example.com."
iPhoneLive will attract iPhone developers (and those who want to become iPhone developers), web programmers and designers, project managers, user interface architects, mobile app developers, strategic decision makers, analysts, investors, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and many other enthusiasts.
The conference is designed to help all participants:
- Understand where the iPhone market is today and where it is likely to go
- Know how to capitalize on the explosive growth
- Learn how to build iPhone applications
- Understand the opportunity and reasons behind a native application vs. a web application for the iPhone
- Hear real-world stories from developers who have delivered applications to the App Store
- Recognize what the criteria for success is (or often is not) for independent application developers
- Explore business opportunities for the platform
- Network with the leading iPhone professionals
In addition to a keynote address by O'Reilly Media founder and CEO Tim O'Reilly, some of the sessions and speakers already scheduled include:
- "Building an iPhone App in Your Spare Time" by Steve Demeter of Demiforce LLC
- "Core Animation on the iPhone: How to Build Animated UI's" by Bill Dudney of Gala Factory Software LLC
- "From Web to Mobile: Placing Your Online Company into Your Users' Hands" by Di-Ann Eisnor of Platial
- "Why Consumer-ready Location Matters" by Ryan Sarver of Skyhook Wireless
- "Building Great Apps with Core Audio" by Shane Vitarana of CrimsonJet LLC
- "iPhone Is Greater Than..." by Neil Young of ng:moco
- "Store Trends and Patterns" by Ben Lorica and Roger Magoulas, both of O'Reilly Media
- "App Store Licensing Models" by Raven Zachary of raven.me
Conference organizers add new names and update the schedule daily, so
In another conference highlight, the iPhoneLive Launch Pad offers iPhone
developers and entrepreneurs an opportunity to present their new
applications and startups to a savvy audience. Launch Pad participants
will receive real-time feedback as the audience votes on the
presentations. Launch Pad can accept only a limited number of participants
for this program and does not charge a submission fee. For more details
and to submit a proposal, please visit:
A Sponsor Gallery will offer attendees the opportunity to see the most intriguing new products and talk to their creators. Attendees will also enjoy a closing reception as another informal networking opportunity.
Early registration ends October 14. To register now and take advantage of
the early-registration discount, visit:
Sign up for the conference newsletter to receive all of the latest updates
about iPhone Live 2008 (login required):
If you have ideas for speakers and topics, please send them to:
For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Yvonne Romaine at 707.827.7198 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for media credentials, please register at:
For media and promotional partner opportunities please email:
To read Tim O'Reilly's take on the future, visit:
Follow Bill Dudney's blog at:
And see more of Raven Zachary's iPhone pursuits at:
To read about other O'Reilly conferences, please go to:
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.