The book offers tutorials on the most effective ways to use Git, as well as friendly yet rigorous advice to help you navigate Git's many functions. With Version Control with Git, you will:
- Learn how to use Git in several real-world development environments
- Gain insight into Git's common-use cases, initial tasks, and basic functions
- Understand how to use Git for both centralized and distributed version control
- Use Git to manage patches, diffs, merges, and conflicts
- Acquire advanced techniques such as rebasing, hooks, and ways to handle submodules (subprojects)
- Learn how to use Git with Subversion
Git has earned the respect of developers around the world. Find out how you can benefit from this amazing tool with Version Control with Git.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Jon Loeliger is a freelance software engineer who contributes to Open Source projects such as Linux, U-Boot, and Git. He has given tutorial presentations on Git at many conferences including Linux World, and has written several papers on Git for Linux Magazine.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520120
Version Control with Git
ISBN: 9780596520120, 328 pages,
Book Price: $34.99 USD, £26.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $27.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.