- Understand the essentials of PHP and the basics of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Create interactive web pages with PHP and MySQL by integrating forms and other HTML features
- Use libraries and packages such as the Smarty web template system, The PEAR program repository, and the Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI)
- Make Ajax calls and turn your website into a highly dynamic environment
- Upload and manipulate files and images, validate user input, and secure your applications against being hacked
Programming tips and exercises in each chapter will help you practice what you've learned. If you have a graphics or web design background and know your way around HTML, this book will have you building interactive websites quickly.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Robin Nixon has worked with and written about computers since the early 1980s (his first computer was a Tandy TRS 80 Model 1 with a massive 4KB of RAM!). One of the web sites he developed presented the world's first radio station licensed by the music copyright holders. In order to enable people to continue to surf while listening, Robin also developed the first known pop-up windows. He has also worked full time for one of Britain's main IT magazine publishers, where he held several roles including editorial, promotions, and cover disc editing.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596157135
ISBN: 9780596157135, 526 pages,
Book Price: $39.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $31.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.