Using Apple's Cocoa Touch framework, you'll learn how to build applications that respond in unique ways when users tap, slide, swipe, tilt, shake, or pinch the screen. Programming the iPhone User Experience (O'Reilly, US $34.99) by Toby Boudreaux is a perfect companion to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, and provides the practical information you need to develop innovative applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch, whether you're a CTO, developer, or UI/UX designer.
- Understand the basics of the Cocoa Touch framework for building iPhone and iPod Touch applications
- Learn theory and best practices for using Cocoa Touch to develop applications with engaging and effective user interfaces
- Apply your knowledge of Objective-C to the iPhone/iPod Touch framework
- Customize standard UIKit views according to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and usability principles
- Learn patterns for handling user experience concerns outside of the interface, such as network- and location-awareness
'Programming the iPhone User Experience' is a book the iPhone community sorely needs right now: a thoughtul inquiry into both the art and science of developing for Apple's new device. If you want to create applications that feel like they came with your iPhone, this is the book for you.
– Buzz Anderson, iPhone Developer (Birdfeed app) and author of Podworks, Cocoalicious, and other Macintosh software
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Toby Boudreaux has been developing for Mac OS X using Objective-C and Cocoa since 2000. He specializes in Web development for consumer markets using open technologies and on Mac/iPhone development. He is currently the CTO of The Barbarian Group, an interactive/software shop based in the US.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596155469
Programming the iPhone User Experience
ISBN: 9780596155469, 188 pages,
Book Price: $34.99 USD, £26.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $27.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.