- Address syntax crunching that regular expressions tools can't handle
- Build compilers and interpreters, and handle a wide range of text processing functions
- Interpret code, configuration files, or any other structured format
- Learn key programming techniques, including abstract syntax trees and symbol tables
- Implement a full SQL grammar-with complete sample code
- Use new features such as pure (reentrant) lexers and parsers, powerful GLR parsers, and interfaces to C++
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
John Levine founder of Taughannock Networks, writes, speaks, and consults on e-mail, the Internet, and other computer topics. He has written over 20 technical books, and is the co-author of O'Reilly's lex & yacc, 2nd Edition and qmail.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596155971
flex & bison
ISBN: 9780596155971, 292 pages,
Book Price: $29.99 USD, £22.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $23.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.