And for those of you who have been around the block a few times with Windows, Lee says, "Even if you are already familiar with Windows, this book will still offer you some info that you may not already know."
Microsoft has learned from the mistakes of Windows Vista, and Windows 7 shows it—this new OS is much faster and more stable. Lee says, "When I tried Windows 7, it became clear to me that this was no Vista—Windows 7 is actually more stable and it runs beautifully even on older hardware."With Windows 7: Up and Running, you'll learn what's new and what's changed from XP and Vista, and get advice on ways to use this system for work, entertainment, instant communication, and more. Windows 7 is poised to be a big hit, and with this handy guide, you can be up and running—and productive—with it right away.
This book will show you how to:
- Master the user interface, including the taskbar, jump lists, desktop gadgets, Aero Shake, and notification area
- Discover the joys of networking with HomeGroup file sharing and improved Wi-Fi
- Tour the system's improved security, including the Action Center, User Account Control, and Credential Manager
- Learn how to use Windows Live Essentials for messaging, photo sharing, moviemaking, emailing, and blogging
- Get to know built-in applications such as Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Player 12, Microsoft Paint, and WordPad
- Learn about optional Microsoft software to enhance your Windows 7 experience
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Wei-Meng Lee (Microsoft MVP) http://weimenglee.blogspot.com is a technologist and founder of Developer Learning Solutions http://www.developerlearningsolutions.com, a technology company specializing in hands-on training on the latest Microsoft technologies.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596804046
Windows 7: Up and Running
ISBN: 9780596804046, 202 pages,
Book Price: $24.99 USD, £17.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $19.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.