Press Release: November 19, 2009
RESTful Java with JAX-RS--New from O'Reilly: Design and build RESTful web services Sebastopol, CA—Learn how to design and develop distributed web services in Java using RESTful architectural principals and the JAX-RS specification in Java EE 6. With RESTful Java with JAX-RS (O'Reilly, US $39.99) by Bill Burke, you'll focus on implementation rather than theory, and discover why the RESTful method is far better than technologies like CORBA and SOAP.
It's easy to get started with services based on the REST architecture. RESTful Java with JAX-RS includes a technical guide that explains REST and JAX-RS, how they work, and when to use them. With the RESTEasy workbook that follows, you get step-by-step instructions for installing, configuring, and running several working JAX-RS examples using the JBoss RESTEasy implementation of JAX-RS.
- Work on the design of a distributed RESTful interface, and develop it in Java as a JAX-RS service
- Dispatch HTTP requests in JAX-RS, and learn how to extract information from them
- Deploy your web services within Java Enterprise Edition using the Application class, Default Component Model, EJB Integration, Spring Integration, and JPA
- Explore several options for securing your web services
- Learn how to implement RESTful design patterns using JAX-RS
- Write RESTful clients in Java using libraries and frameworks such as java.net.URL, Apache HTTP Client, and RESTEasy Proxy
"Essential reading for Java programmers who want to learn and apply the philosophy of the Web."
--Leonard Richardson, author, RESTful Web Services
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158040
RESTful Java with JAX-RS
ISBN: 9780596158040, 310 pages,
Book Price: $39.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $31.99 USD
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room