Press Release: May 18, 2010
Head First C#, Second Edition--New from O'Reilly
The second edition offers several hands-on labs along the way to help you build and test programs using skills you've learned up to that point. In the final lab, you'll put everything together. From objects to garbage collection and from exceptions to interactions, you'll learn C# in a way that engages and entertains your brain.
Here are a few of the topics you'll learn:
- Start by building a useful application with pre-built components in Visual Studio 2010
- Discover how objects work, using real-world examples
- Store numbers, text, and other basic data types using primitives
- Save complex data in files and databases with great C# tools
- Build intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces by following simple rules
- Design your code to catch exceptions -- things you don't expect
- Develop good programming habits, such as refactoring code and applying unit tests
- Learn how web services put your programs in touch with the rest of the world
- Make it easy for other people to install your software
Praise for the First Edition of Head First C#
"Although the book will be of most value to newer programmers, experienced C# programmers will find topics of interest and perhaps even some language details and analysis that they have never previously encountered."
—Michael J. Ross, Slashdot.org
"Head First C# is absolutely the best introduction to the C# language for C# beginners."
—Will Wagers, C# Online
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Andrew Stellman comes from a programming background, and has managed teams of requirements analysts, designers, and developers. He and Jennifer Greene formed Stellman & Greene Consulting in 2003, with a focus on project management, software development, management consulting, and software process improvement.
Jennifer Greene has spent the past 15 years or so building software for many different kinds of companies. She's built software test teams and helped lots of companies diagnose and deal with habitual process problems so that they could build better software.
For more information about Jennifer Greene, Andrew Stellman, and their books, visit http://www.stellman-greene.com.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/0636920000679
Head First C#, Second Edition
Andrew Stellman, Jennifer Greene
ISBN: 978-1-4493-8034-2, 848 pages,
Book Price: $49.99 USD, PDF Price: $39.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.