Press Release: October 14, 2010
App Savvy: Turning Ideas into iPad and iPhone Apps Customers Really Want--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—How can you make your iPad or iPhone app stand out in the highly competitive App Store? While most books simply explore the technical aspects of iPad and iPhone app design and development, App Savvy (O'Reilly, $29.99 USD) also focuses on the business, product, and marketing elements critical to pursuing, completing, and selling your app—the ingredients for turning a great idea into a genuinely successful product.
Author Ken Yarmosh details a proven process for developing successful apps, and presents numerous interviews with the App Store's most prominent publishers.
- Learn about the App Store and how Apple's mobile devices function
- Follow guidelines for vetting and researching app ideas
- Validate your ideas with customers -- and create an app they'll be passionate about
- Assemble your development team, understand costs, and establish a workable process
- Build your marketing plan while you develop your application
- Test your working app extensively before submitting it to the App Store
- Assess your app's performance and keep potential buyers engaged and enthusiastic
Whether you're a designer, developer, entrepreneur, or just someone with a unique idea, App Savvy explains every step in the process, with guidelines for planning a solid concept, engaging customers early and often, developing your app, and launching it with a bang.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449396060.
Join Ken Yarmosh's free webcast, 9 Myths About Building iPhone/iPad Apps, on Oct. 21, 10 AM PT. For more information and to register, see:
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9781449389765, 352 pages
Print Price: $29.99 Ebook Price: $23.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.