Press Release: October 21, 2010
Strata Conference: The Business of Data: Chairs Reveal Program and Registration Opens for new O'Reilly Event
Sebastopol, CA, October 21, 2010—An industrial revolution in data is changing the landscape of computing, infusing new layers of experience and understanding into our lives. Strata, the new O'Reilly Media conference, will explore the business of data February 1-3, 2011, at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Strata chairs Alistair Croll and Edd Dumbill have announced the program and early registration has opened.
The current explosion in data presents fresh opportunities, as well as the challenges of new technologies and skills. From big data to augmented reality and beyond, Strata will be at the center of the way computing changes and of the new ecosystem those changes will create for practitioners, enterprises, and individuals.
Featured speakers new to the Strata program include:
- Amber Case, Founder, Geoloqi
- Rod Smith, Vice President of IBM Emerging Internet Technologies
- Abihshek Mehta, Managing Director, Bank of America
- Bradford Cross, Co-founder and Head of Research, Flightcaster
- Tim O'Reilly, Founder and CEO, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Hilary Mason, Lead Scientist, bit.ly
- Joseph Adler, Senior Data Scientist, LinkedIn
- Simon Rogers, Datablog and Datastore Editor, The Guardian
- Mike Olson, CEO, Cloudera
- Ian White, CEO, Urban Mapping, Inc.
- Toby Segaran, Software Engineer, Google
- Jonathan Ellis, Co-founder, Riptano
- Naomi Robbins, Founder, NBR
- Abe Taha, VP Engineering, Karmasphere
Strata will provide three days of training, breakout sessions, and plenary discussions, as well as a Sponsor Pavilion showcasing the new data ecosystem.
Thomson Reuters, Gnip, and Pentaho are founding sponsors of Strata.
Early registration discounts apply until December 14, 2010 at:
For more information on Strata, visit: http://strataconf.com
Follow developing Strata news at: http://strataconf.com/strata2011/public/content/news-coverage
Read the Strata Blog at: http://strataconf.com/strata2011/blog
Tweet this— Strata, new event about the Business of Data by @oreillymedia, reveals program and opens registration: http://bit.ly/9xud0S #strataconf
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.