Sebastopol, CA—Drill into MSBuild—and maximize your control over the software build and deployment process. Inside the Microsoft® Build Engine, Second Edition (Microsoft Press, $59.99 USD) has been fully updated for MSBuild 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4, and Visual Studio 2010, including support for Visual C++®. Gain the critical insights and examples you need to customize and extend build processes with MSBuild. And learn how to scale them to the team, product, or enterprise level with Team Foundation Build."The importance of the build process has increased significantly in the last few years due to the complexity of software that is being written today," says coauthor Sayed Hashimi (@SayedIHashimi). "For any project that consists of just a few developers, having a proper build process is very important."
With Inside the Microsoft® Build Engine, Second Edition, you will discover how to:
- Master core techniques for creating MSBuild project files
- Work with built-in tasks and loggers—or write your own
- Accelerate build time with incremental builds and batching
- Invoke external tools in scripts and create reusable files
- Exploit the full set of extensibility features for Visual C++ 2010
- Create customizations such as code generation, code analysis, and unit testing
- Install, configure, and extend Team Build
- Use Windows® Workflow Foundation with Team Build for complex branching and custom logic
- Deploy Web applications with MSDeploy and the Web Publishing Pipeline
- Study and reuse the cookbook examples
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0790145301949
Inside the Microsoft® Build Engine, Second Edition
Publisher: Microsoft Press
By Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi, William Bartholomew
Print ISBN: 9780735645240 Ebook ISBN: 9780735645257
Print Price: $59.99 Ebook Price: $47.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.