Press Release: June 16, 2011
Programming iOS 4: Fundamentals of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Development--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Get a solid grounding in all the fundamentals of Cocoa Touch, and avoid problems during iPhone and iPad app development. With Programming iOS 4 (O'Reilly Media, $49.99 USD), you'll dig into Cocoa and learn how to work effectively with Objective-C and Xcode. This book covers iOS 4 in a rigorous, orderly fashion—ideal whether you're approaching iOS for the first time or need a reference to bolster existing skills.
Author Matt Neuburg explains the impetus for the book, saying, "The book is aimed primarily at the intelligent reader who may know something about programming but has never programmed for iPhone before. Without a clear understanding of the basic linguistic and framework underpinnings of the iPhone API, you'll eventually be flailing. This book trains the attentive student into a knowledgeable, aware iPhone programmer, from the bottom up."
- Learn Objective-C language details and object-oriented programming concepts
- Understand the anatomy of an Xcode project and all the stages of its lifecycle
- Grasp key Cocoa concepts such as relationships between classes, receiving events, and model-view-controller architecture
- Know how views are managed, drawn, composited, and animated
- Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sound, video, sensors, maps, and more
- Touch on advanced topics such as threading and networking
- Obtain a thorough grounding for exploring advanced iOS features on your own
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920010258
Programming iOS 4
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Matt Neuburg
Print ISBN: 9781449388430 Ebook ISBN: 9781449388447
Print Price: $49.99 Ebook Price: $35.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.