Ithaca, NY—TidBITS Publishing Inc. is pleased to announce the release of the second edition of Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ, by iTunes expert and audiophile Kirk McElhearn. iTunes is free software from Apple for Mac OS X and Windows that acts as a hub for iOS devices, and stores not only digital music but also digital video, audiobooks, and ebooks.
The 173-page Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ, Second Edition uses a Q&A approach to help readers appreciate and understand the process of adding media to iTunes, tagging it, adding album art, and organizing it into playlists. With that setup completed, readers can enjoy their music, movies, audiobooks, and ebooks without hassles when it's time to find a particular item or do something special like sync a select subset of music to an iPod, create a party playlist, identify overlooked music, or listen to the chapters in an audiobook in order. McElhearn also explains how to use Apple's iTunes in the Cloud features, including the iTunes Match service.
Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ, Second Edition costs $15, and it includes coupons for $5 off Equinux's SongGenie tool for adding missing metadata and $3 off Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil wireless audio streaming software.Questions answered include:
- What should I expect when I turn on iTunes Match?
- What if I want to turn on iTunes Match, but not for all my music?
- How do I control the sound quality when I import (rip) a music CD?
- What should I consider before I rip an audiobook CD?
- How do I turn on Genius?
- Where are good places to shop for digital music besides the iTunes Store?
- Which tags should I consider adding?
- How do I add lyrics to my tracks?
- How can I locate music that I haven't listened to in a while?
- What special things can I do with smart playlists?
- What AppleScripts can I use to extend iTunes?
- How do I share my iTunes library over a network?
- What can I print with iTunes?
- What's the best way to deal with my huge music library?
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781615423996.do
Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ, 2nd Edition
By Kirk McElhearn
Ebook ISBN: 9781615423996
Ebook Price: $15.00
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.