Press Release: February 9, 2012
iOS 5 Programming Cookbook--New from O'Reilly Media: Solutions & Examples for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Apps
Sebastopol, CA—Now you can overcome the vexing, real-life issues you confront when creating apps for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. By making use of more than 100 new recipes in this updated cookbook, you'll quickly learn the steps necessary for writing complete iOS apps, whether they're as simple as a music player or feature a complex mix of animations, graphics, multimedia, a database, and iCloud storage.
If you're comfortable with iOS SDK, iOS 5 Programming Cookbook (O'Reilly Media, $49.99 USD) will teach you how to use hundreds of iOS techniques. Each recipe provides a clear solution with sample code that you can use right away.
- Use different approaches to construct a user interface
- Develop location-aware apps
- Get working examples for implementing gesture recognizers
- Play audio and video files and access the iPod library
- Retrieve contacts and groups from the Address Book
- Determine camera availability and access the Photo Library
- Create multitasking-aware apps
- Maintain persistent storage in your apps
- Use Event Kit to manage calendars and events
- Learn capabilities of the Core Graphics framework
- Access the accelerometer and gyroscope
- Take advantage of the iCloud service
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021728.do
iOS 5 Programming Cookbook
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Vandad Nahavandipoor
Print ISBN: 9781449311438 Ebook ISBN: 9781449311421
Print Price: $49.99 Ebook Price: $39.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.