Sebastopol, CA, May 3, 2012—They may not be designated knights of the realm quite yet, but their heroic efforts produce daring rescues behind the scenes day after day. These web operations and performance stars make the Internet work, and they keep it running in the face of perilous threats. This fall, the champions of the web gather in England at the O'Reilly Velocity Conference October 2-4, 2012, at the Hilton London Metropole. The call for participation has opened, and you're invited to share your stories and expertise with this stellar company.
Chairs Steve Souders and John Allspaw have organized the program around the tracks of Web Performance and Web Operations and Culture and seek proposals on topics including, but not limited to:
- Mobile performance
- Building resilience into applications, infrastructure, and teams
- Operations escalation and outage handling patterns
- Responsive design
- Real user monitoring
- Web frameworks with built-in performance
- Production datastore architectures at scale
- Using CDNs to improve customer experience and reduce cost
- Effective cloud computing
- TCP, HTTP, and SSL optimizations
- Metrics and monitoring
- Impact on the bottom line
Submit your proposal by May 31, 2012. Registration opens in June 2012.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.