Press Release: May 17, 2012
Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—The new and improved Photoshop CS6 is truly amazing, but it can also be overwhelming if you're just getting started. Fortunately Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, $49.99) makes learning the latest edition of this popular photo-editing program a breeze. Expert author Lesa Snider explains things in a friendly, conversational style—without technical jargon.
"This edition features all new screen shots, new and updated practical techniques, as well as a new chapter on video editing," notes Snider, founder of the creative tutorial site www.GraphicReporter.com. "It's simply the most comprehensive yet conversational, Photoshop book on the market and I'm incredibly proud to have it available upon ship date of the software."
The important stuff you need to know:
- Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop's beautiful new workspace.
- Unlock the magic. Discover the most practical ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and other tools.
- Fine-tune your images. Learn techniques for cropping, retouching, and combining photos.
- Play with color. Drain, change, and add color; and create gorgeous black-and-whites and duotones.
- Be artistic. Create original illustrations and paintings, use text and filters effectively, and edit video clips.
- Share your work. Produce great-looking images for print and the Web.
- Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022718.do
Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Lesa Snider
Print ISBN: 9781449316150 Ebook ISBN: 9781449316143
Pages: 888 (est.)
Print Price: $49.99 Ebook Price: $39.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.