Sebastopol, CA—You don't have to be a techie to use FileMaker Pro 12, but you do need to know what you're doing. And FileMaker pros Susan Prosser (@prosserDBHQ) and Stuart Gripman (@crookedarm) can help. With their new, crystal-clear guide—FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, $39.99 USD)—you'll learn how to create a powerful database that lets you do almost anything with your data.
"Beginners who read straight through the book will get a sense of just how deep and wide FileMaker's power are," notes Prosser about the new edition. "They'll finish with a solid introduction that takes them through intermediate concepts and into some fairly advanced topics. They'll have the confidence and skill to create their own databases. Even experienced users will find plenty to keep them interested. We explain FileMaker Pro's new features and talk about best practices for implementing them into your databases."
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get started. Tour FileMaker Pro's features and create your first database in minutes.
- Catalog your data. View, sort, and shape information in dozens of ways.
- Create professional documents. Publish reports, invoices, and other documents with ease.
- Harness processing power. Use calculations and scripts to crunch numbers, search text, and automate tasks.
- Add visual power and clarity. Create colorful charts to illustrate and summarize your data.
- Think like a developer. Dive into the high-level features of FileMaker Pro Advanced.
Whether you are running a business, printing a catalog, or planning a wedding, you'll learn how to customize your database and put it to work.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022817.do
FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Susan Prosser, Stuart Gripman
Print ISBN: 9781449316280 Ebook ISBN: 9781449332389
Print Price: $39.99 Ebook Price: $31.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.