Video descriptionAn updated edition of this video title is available. Please go to CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 Complete Video Course (Video Training): https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/comptia-security-sy0-601/9780137280971/
More than 19 hours of deep-dive training covering every objective in the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) exam.
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Complete Video Course is an engaging self-paced video training solution that provides learners with more than 19 hours of personal training from security expert Sari Greene. Through the use of topic-focused instructional videos, you will gain an in-depth understanding of each objective in the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) exam as well as a deeper understanding of security foundations and principles.
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Complete Video Course contains more than 19 hours of training with content divided into 7 modules with more than 40 content-targeted lessons. This title covers every objective in the newly updated CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam and includes screencast teaching, whiteboard explanations, deep dives on security theory and everyday practices, and live demos/labs showing how to complete tasks in real time. Most lessons end with a "Security in Action" segment, which takes the security knowledge you’ve learned to the next level.
The video lessons in this course review each exam objective, so you can use it as a complete study tool for taking the CompTIA Security+ exam.
Major sections are as follows:
- Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- Tools and Technologies
- Architecture and Design
- Identity and Access Management
- Risk Management
- Cryptography and PKI
- Acing the Exam
Sari Greene is an information security practitioner, author, and entrepreneur. In 2003, Sari founded one of the first dedicated cybersecurity consultancies. She is a recognized leader in the field of cybersecurity and has amassed thousands of hours in the field working with a spectrum of technical, operational, compliance, and management personnel as well as boards of directors, regulators, service providers, and law enforcement agencies.
Sari’s first text was Tools and Techniques for Securing Microsoft Networks, commissioned by Microsoft to train its partner channel, followed soon after by the first edition of Security Policies and Procedures: Principles and Practices. The second edition of Security Program and Policies: Principles and Practices is currently being used in undergraduate and graduate programs nationwide. She is also the author and presenter of the best-selling CISSP Complete Video Course, CISSP Exam Prep Video Course, and CISA Complete Video Course. Sari has published a number of articles related to cybersecurity; has been quoted in The New York Times, in The Wall Street Journal, on CNN, and on CNBC; speaks regularly at cybersecurity, legal, financial, and healthcare conferences and workshops around the country; and is a frequent guest lecturer.
Sari serves on the Bangor Savings Bank Board of Directors and is chair of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee. She provided expert witness testimony in the groundbreaking PATCO v. Ocean National Bank case, represents industry on the Massachusetts Bankers Association Cybersecurity Task Force, and is a member of the American Bankers Association cybersecurity faculty.
Sari earned her MBA from the University of New Hampshire system. She holds multiple industry accreditations, including CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, MCSE, and NSA/IAM. She is also certified in Offshore Emergency Medicine. Learn more at sarigreene.com.
What You Will Learn
- Every objective on the CompTIA Security+ exam
- Tips to prepare for and pass the exam
- Real-world security configuration skills
Primary audience: Anyone preparing for the CompTIA Security+ examination.
Secondary audience: Anyone interested in learning security fundamentals.
About LiveLessons Video Training
Pearson’s LiveLessons video training series publishes the industry’s leading video tutorials for IT pros, developers, sys admins, devops, network engineers, and certification candidates. LiveLessons feature the highest-quality professional skills training led by recognized author instructors published by Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT certification, programming, development, networking, software skills for the home, office, and business, and more. Your purchase provides you with lifetime online access to the content.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 1: Analyze Indicators of Compromise and Determine Malware
- Lesson 2: Compare and Contrast Cyber Attacks
- Lesson 3: Explain Threat Actors and Attributes
- Lesson 4: Explain Penetration Testing
- Lesson 5: Explain Vulnerability Scanning
- Lesson 6: Explain the Impact of Vulnerabilities
- Module 2: Tools and Technologies
- Lesson 7: Install and Configure Network Components
- Lesson 8: Assessing Security Posture
- Lesson 9: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Lesson 10: Interpreting Output
- Lesson 11: Deploy Mobile Devices Securely
- Lesson 12: Implement Secure Protocols
- Module 3: Architecture and Design
- Lesson 13: Explain Use Cases and Purpose of Frameworks, Configuration Guides, and Best Practices
- Lesson 14: Implement Secure Network Architecture
- Lesson 15: Implement Secure System Design
- Lesson 16: Explain the Importance of Secure Staging and Deployment
- Lesson 17: Explain the Security Implications of Embedded Systems
- Lesson 18: Summarize Secure Application Development and Deployment Concepts
- Lesson 19: Summarize Cloud and Virtualization Concepts
- Lesson 20: Explain Risk Reducing Resiliency and Automation Strategies
- Lesson 21: Explain the Importance of Physical Security Controls
- Module 4: Identity and Access Management
- Lesson 22: Compare and Contrast Identity and Access Management Concepts
- Lesson 23: Install and Configure Identity and Access Services
- Lesson 24: Implement Identity and Access Management Controls
- Lesson 25: Differentiate Common Account Management Practices
- Module 5: Risk Management
- Lesson 26: Explain the Importance of Policies, Plans and Procedures
- Lesson 27: Summarize Business Impact Analysis Concepts
- Lesson 28: Explain Risk Management Concepts
- Lesson 29: Follow Incident Response Procedures
- Lesson 30: Summarize the Basic Concepts of Forensics
- Lesson 31: Explain Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations Concepts
- Lesson 32: Compare and Contrast Controls
- Lesson 33: Carry Out Data Security and Privacy Practices
- Module 6: Cryptography and PKI
- Lesson 34: Compare and Contrast Basic Concepts of Cryptography
- Lesson 35: Explain Cryptographic Algorithms and Their Basic Characteristics
- Lesson 36: Install and Configure Wireless Security Standards
- Lesson 37: Implement PKI
- Module 7: Acing Your Exam
- Title: CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501)
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 0134807553
You might also like
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …
CompTIA Network+ N10-007
17+ Hours of Video InstructionCompTIA Network+ N10-007 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive training course that …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), 2nd Edition
18+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn everything you need to know to pass the Certified Ethical …