Apprentice yourself to information architecture (IA) master Jorge Arango in this thought-provoking, fast-paced, and thorough examination of what it takes to produce effective UX design. Would-be UX designers will learn how to make information easy to find—and easy to understand—as Arango guides you through the concepts, research and design methods, and implementation processes used in the practice of IA.
In part one, Arango explains what IA is, the problems it solves, and how users experience it. In part two, he describes the critical foundational work that must be accomplished before the IA can be defined. Part three is a review of the standard components used to implement IA, and part four describes the essential skills one must master to actually do IA.
- Understand the primary goals of information architecture
- Explore how users find information and how IA helps that search effort
- Learn about the “Problem Space” and the use of conceptual modeling in IA
- Master basic IA components: organization schemes, labeling systems, and navigation systems
- Identify the communication skills essential to working in IA multi-disciplinary teams
- Learn how UX designers communicate IA design concepts to IA team members
- Discover how to create IA that evolves successfully over time
Jorge Arango is a successful information architecture practitioner based in Oakland, CA. He is a co-author of O’Reilly Media’s UX design Bible, Information Architecture, 4th Edition, a partner at FutureDraft, and a twenty-year veteran of “making the complex clear” for organizations that range from non-profits in the developing world to Fortune 500 companies.
Table of contents
- Part 1: Introducing Information Architecture
- Part 2: Putting What Before How
- Part 3: Information Architecture Components
- Part 4: Getting Information Architecture Done
- Title: Information Architecture Essentials
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491950968
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Software Architecture Fundamentals, Second Edition
Being a successful software architect is more than just possessing technical knowledge. It’s about thinking like …
Effective enterprise architecture
Eben Hewitt (Sabre) shares a holistic approach to enterprise architecture that explains how to bring business …
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …