Video descriptionMacro and close-up photography opens up a whole new world of image-making possibilities. By getting very close to their photographic subjects, viewers will find new ways to express their creativity, create unique images, and better understand the capabilities of their equipment. In this video workshop, expert instructor Tim Grey goes through the equipment, techniques, and concepts that produce the best results in this specialized photographic style. Topics covered include concepts of macro photography, basic and advanced techniques, and using a flash. The video also includes macro photography projects that viewers can try. Well-known photographer and trainer Tim Grey presents up to 4 hours of high-quality HD video, complete with lesson files and review materials. Project files used in the lessons are included so viewers can practice what they've learned, and interactive review questions help reinforce freshly gained knowledge. Download Lesson Files https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780132876056/01_Getting_Started_with_Macro_Photography.zip https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780132876056/02_Supplementing_the_Light.zip https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780132876056/03_Composition_for_Macro_Photography.zip https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780132876056/04_Expanding_Depth_of_Field.zip https://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/digital/learn_by_video/9780132876056/05_Macro_Projects.zip
Table of contents
In this chapter we'll explore the basic concepts involved in macro photography so you'll have a solid foundation upon which to build as you start taking a closer look at your photographic subjects.
- Welcome 00:01:46
- Equipment Overview 00:10:34
- Employing a Tripod 00:04:25
- The Gun Analogy 00:02:53
- Choosing a Focal Length 00:03:07
- Using an Extension Tube 00:03:47
- Autofocus for Macro 00:02:58
- Using a Focusing Rail 00:04:02
- Depth of Field Preview 00:04:10
- Using Live View 00:04:24
- Getting a Helping Hand 00:03:21
- Wind Blocking 00:02:47
- Understanding Exposure 00:05:49
- Setting ISO 00:04:11
- Understanding Effective Aperture 00:03:43
- Using a Cable Release 00:03:46
- In this chapter we'll consider some of the ways you can supplement the amount of light available in your macro photography.
- In this chapter we'll look at some of the compositional considerations related to macro photography.
- In this chapter we'll achieve extended depth of field by using multiple captures to create a composite image with a potentially infinite depth of field.
- This chapter includes several macro photography projects that show how the techniques covered in this course can be applied.
- Title: Mastering Macro Photography: Learn by Video
- Release date: July 2015
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 0132876051
You might also like
DSLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies Videos
You've decided to step up to a DSLR camera to take more control of your photography. …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …