Be more productive and efficient by mastering the best practices in Tableau 2019
About This Video
- Master all the latest features of Tableau that are guaranteed to improve your productivity
- Become a Tableau expert by learning many exciting tips, best practices, and techniques for presenting your data.
- Work with expert tools and tips to improve your Tableau performance and save time and effort.
Tableau is one of the most popular data visualization tools used by data science and BI professionals. Data visualization is of the utmost importance in the modern business world where data is increasingly used for decision making. Tableau 2019 is a powerful, fast–growing, and self-service business intelligence and data visualization tool. Data analysis is faster in Tableau and no coding language is required to work with it.
In this course, you will discover best practices that you didn’t even know existed, and with which you can increase your efficiency and productivity while using Tableau for your daily tasks. Each section covers exciting tips, tricks, and techniques for efficient data visualizations in Tableau 2019 that you can apply in real-world scenarios to help your work get easier and help you become more efficient in your projects. You will learn how to make your visualizations look more visually appealing by adding customizations. You will also cover the new features introduced in Tableau 2019 and how it simplifies the way you use Tableau for your data science and BI requirements.
By the end of the course, you will be able to use Tableau 2019 in a highly efficient manner, having mastered its best practices.
This course is for data scientists, data analysts, business analysts, businessmen, and Tableau developers who are working with data visualization and Tableau and now want to improve their skills to become better and efficient in the field. Those who simply want to update their skillset to incorporate Tableau's new features will also benefit from the course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Tableau Foundations
- Chapter 2 : Tips for Visualizing KPIs
- Chapter 3 : Tricks on Visualizing Breakdowns of a Whole
- Chapter 4 : Tips on Working with Customer and Survey Data
- Chapter 5 : Visualizing a Defined Subset of Your Data
- Chapter 6 : New Features in Tableau 2019.1
Chapter 7 : Dashboard Tips and Tricks
- Use Parameters for Sheet Swapping - Simple Example
- Use Parameters for Sheet Swapping - Complex Example
- Advanced Dashboard Technique - Using Dummy Worksheets
- Advanced Dashboard Technique - Excluding Values from Filters
- How to Work with Pre-aggregated Data - Part 1
- How to Work with Pre-Aggregated Data - Part 2
- Title: Tableau Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789950809
You might also like
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition
If you’ve ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how …
The Big Book of Dashboards
The definitive reference book with real-world solutions you won't find anywhere else The Big Book of …
Visual Analytics with Tableau
A four-color journey through a complete Tableau visualization Tableau is a popular data visualization tool that’s …
Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
Statistics you need in the office: Descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, and regression analysis About …