Get the free ebook
Tools to unlock and understand your business data
If you’re looking to access and make sense of all your data in real time, there’s a more cost-effective and efficient way than using expensive commercial tool suites. In this O’Reilly report, Sam Newman from ThoughtWorks describes several small, freely available open source tools and frameworks for freeing data locked up in silos and letting it flow as events across your networks.
Newman looks into several areas, including Trending, Dashboards, Event Aggregation, and the emerging space of Anomaly Tracking. You’ll learn how tools such as Graphite, LogStash, StatsD, and Riemann can help you derive understanding from your business systems.
This concise report covers:
- Graphite: a widely used, near-real-time metrics-gathering system written in Python
- LogStash: a tool that allows you to collect and aggregate log files to a central location to make analysis easier
- StatsD and Riemann: data aggregating, relaying servers used in conjunction with Graphite
- Skyline and Oculus: two open source tools in the growing space of anomaly detection
- Metrics: a Java library that provides insight into what your code does in production
Download this free report and learn how these open source tools can help you understand how your organization is performing now and where it needs to go next.
Fill out the form below