Press Release: February 13, 2007
RailsConf Europe 2007: Call for Participation is Open
Sebastopol, CA -- To meet the increasing demand for skill building, and to spread the joy of Rails, Ruby Central and O'Reilly Media are teaming up to produce RailsConf Europe 2007, an entire conference dedicated to Ruby on Rails. Happening September 17-19 in Berlin, Germany, RailsConf Europe will offer keynotes, sessions, and tutorials from the most innovative and successful Rails experts and organizations. O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central are seeking leaders to present sessions and tutorials at the conference. Qualified practitioners with insights and anecdotes to share with IT professionals and the Rails community are invited to submit a proposal by April 12, 2007.
The Ruby on Rails development framework turns three years old this summer, and in that short time, it has gone from cult favorite to major player in the web development world. By every measure--feature richness, adoption, publications, developer reception--Rails is a phenomenon, and one that's here to stay.
The conference committee is looking for presentations and/or tutorial proposals from Rails developers and hackers, Rubyists at large, Rails trainers, designers with a Rails focus, managers, entrepreneurs--anyone with Rails experience, expertise, and insight.
Proposals should focus on helping attendees by teaching from experience. Any Rails-related topic will be considered. Below are some specific areas the committee would like to see represented at the conference:
- Timesaving developer productivity tips, tricks, and tools
- Spotlights on important Rails subsystems
- Making the most of new Rails features
- Rails development case studies, including application rewrites and organizational boot-strapping
- Migrating applications and *people* from other technologies to Rails
- Gem and plug-in highlights
- Patterns and best practices
- Extending Rails
RailsConf Europe 2007 will bring together hundreds of Rails practitioners from Europe and around the world, for three days of presentations, tutorials, and Rails comradery. Last year's event sold out completely and an even greater number of participants are expected in Berlin for RailsConf Europe 2007. Attendees will include Ruby and Rails enthusiasts, web developers and programmers from all sizes and types of organizations, open source developers and hackers, IT managers tracking emerging technologies, tech-savvy entrepreneurs, and users at every level of expertise.
For complete RailsConf Europe 2007 details, visit:
To receive RailsConf Europe announcements, sign up for the conference newsletter (note: you must create an O'Reilly account to sign up):
Visit the RailsConf Europe wiki to post ideas, suggestions, and to find out who else is planning to attend the conference:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact email@example.com
To become a media or community partner, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference, February 27-March 1, 2007 in Burlingame, California
- OReilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 26-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 23-26, 2007 in Santa Clara, California
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
About Ruby Central
Ruby Central, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to Ruby support and advocacy. Ruby Central is the parent organization of the annual International Ruby ("RubyConf") and Rails ("RailsConf") conferences and is a visible presence and point of contact for corporate sponsors interested in supporting these conferences and other Ruby activities. For more information, visit http://rubycentral.org/.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room