Press Release: October 19, 2009
Windows 7: The Definitive Guide--New from O'Reilly: The Essential Resource for Professionals and Power UsersSebastopol, CA—Everything you need to know about Windows 7 is right here. Windows 7: The Definitive Guide (O'Reilly, US $59.99) covers all of the features and enhancements in complete detail, along with specifics for configuring them.
Bestselling author and Windows expert William Stanek provides everything you need to manage and maintain Windows 7. You'll learn all of the features and enhancements in complete detail, along with specifics for configuring the operating system to put you in full control.
Stanek says, "Windows 7 is dramatically different from earlier versions of Windows from top to bottom...Other books [will] introduce and simplify Windows 7, or provide quick starts or step-by-step guides, or promise to teach even dummies how to use Windows 7. In this book, I don't pretend anyone is a dummy and I don't just teach you the steps you need to follow, I teach you how features work, why they work the way they work, and how to customize them to meet your needs."
He continues: "Regardless of whether you are a beginning, power user, or seasoned professional, many of the concepts in this book will be valuable to you. And you'll be able to apply them to your computer regardless of which edition of Windows 7 you are using."
With Windows 7: The Definitive Guide, you will learn how to squeeze every bit of power out of Windows 7 to take full advantage of its features and programs, including how to:
- Set up, customize, and tune Windows 7—Optimize its appearance and performance, install and manage software, printers, scanners, and faxes
- Manage your files and data—Search your computer more efficiently, secure your data, share and collaborate, and get the most out of optional programs
- Master your digital media—Create media libraries, manage digital pictures and videos, make DVDs, and create movies
- Get connected and start networking—Set up a home or small-office network, conquer Internet Explorer, and master on-the-go networking
- Protect your computer—Keep your family safe while on the Internet, navigate the computer security maze, and configure Windows 7's protection features
- Manage and support Windows 7 systems—Handle routine maintenance, troubleshoot problems, and configure user accounts, disks, and drives
- Learn advanced tips & techniques—Manage the Windows boot environment, explore Group Policy, and much more
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
William Stanek has over 20 years of hands-on experience with advanced programming and development. He has written nearly 100 books.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596800970
Windows 7: The Definitive Guide
ISBN: 9780596800970, 990 pages,
Book Price: $59.99 USD, £38.50 GBP
Ebook Price: $47.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room