Press Release: March 15, 2010
Dynamic Additions to O'Reilly Where 2.0 Conference: TechCrunch's Arrington, foursquare's Crowley, SF CIO Vein, and More Location Stars to Keynote at Where 2.0
Sebastopol, CA, March 15, 2010—Dynamic new speakers have joined the lineup at the O'Reilly Where 2.0 Conference on March 30-April 1, 2010 at the San Jose Marriott in San Jose, California. The dramatic increase in the number of products, companies, and people affected by the expansion of location technologies has shaped the 2010 edition of Where 2.0 into the three tracks of Mobile Innovations, Mapping for Consumers, and Local Opportunities and Models. New keynote speakers include:
- Michael Arrington of TechCrunch in a debate with Tim O'Reilly on which new players and technologies should win in the burgeoning mobile and location industry
- Dennis Crowley of foursquare, "Adventures in Mobile Social 2.0: Twelve Months of foursquare"
- John Crowley of Star-Tides, Schuyler Erle of Entropy Free LLC, and Jeffrey Johnson of Open Solutions Group, "Haiti: CrisisMapping the Earthquake"
- Mark L. DeMulder of United States Geological Survey, "The Digital National Map of the United States of America"
- Deborah Estrin of the Computer Science Department, UCLA, "Telling Traces"
- Michael Halbherr of Nokia, "Ovi by Nokia Bringing Social and Local Together"
- Michael Jones of Google, "The New Meaning of Mapping"
- Kati London of Area/Code, "Locative Gaming: The First Ten Years"
- Ted Morgan of Skyhook Wireless, "Growth of Location"
- Marc Naddell of NAVTEQ, "What Are the Smart Paths for Getting Your LBS App to Market?"
- Tasso Roumeliotis of Wavemarket, "Veriplace Location Aggregation Platform"
- Chris Vein, San Francisco CIO, in conversation with Tim O'Reilly on "City Data"
These added speakers enrich the previously announced program including Blaise Agüera y Arcas of Microsoft, Jack Dangermond of ESRI, Vanessa Fox of Nine by Blue, Raffi Krikorian of Synthesis Studios, Tim O'Reilly of O'Reilly Media, Ryan Sarver of Twitter, Dr. Walter Scott of DigitalGlobe, and Jeremy Stoppleman of Yelp.
Sponsors include ESRI, NAVTEQ, Veriplace, AT&T Interactive, DigitalGlobe, Google, Yahoo! Developer Network, ZoomAtlas, Digital Map Products, Microsoft Research, and Pitney Bowes.
For more information on Where 2.0, visit: http://conferences.oreilly.com/where
For a conference overview, visit: conferences.oreilly.com
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room