Press Release: July 27, 2010
Amazing Gadgets: MAKE Magazine, Volume 23--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—MAKE Magazine Volume 23 ("Amazing Gadgets"), hitting newsstands July 27, shows how to make a menagerie of great gadgets—those extraordinary machines that do something delightful and surprising. From self-balancing toys to the quizzical Most Useless Machine that broke Stephen Colbert's heart on national TV, this issue will delight and challenge any maker.
DIY gadgets in MAKE Volume 23 include:
- A miniature electronic Whac-a-Mole arcade game
- The Squelette, a tiny but mighty see-through audio amplifier
- The self-balancing, one-wheeled Gyrocar
- A Magic Mirror whose animated soothsayer uses sensors, home automation, and the web
- Swimming pool warmers made from hula hoops
- The Most Useless Machine—the creepy mechanical box whose only purpose is to turn itself off (as seen on The Colbert Report!)
In addition, you'll learn how to:
- Make a solar subwoofer system for your car
- Program the industrial-strength microcontrollers called PLCs
- Rivet a sheet-metal trunk for your bike
- Build inexpensive workshop benches, shelves, and organizers
- Hack audio circuits to pitch-shift their sounds
- Make time-lapse movies with just a MacBook
- Move a tree with a giant two-wheeled dolly
You'll also meet the young robot makers and hackers who are seizing opportunities in Detroit, and you'll learn how Intellectual Ventures made their incredible laser targeting mosquito zapper—yes, it's real, and you wish you had one for your patio barbecue. All this and a lot more in MAKE Volume 23.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information on MAKE Magazine, or for interview requests, please contact Keith Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this issue of MAKE Magazine, see: http://www.makezine.com/23.
Make, Volume 23
ISBN: 9781449382834, 176 pages,
Book Price: $14.99 USD
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room