Press Release: December 2, 2010
Programming Microsoft LINQ in Microsoft .NET Framework 4: Dig into LINQ and transform the way you work with data--New from Microsoft Press
Sebastopol, CA—With LINQ, you can query data from a variety of sources—including databases, objects, and XML files—directly from Microsoft Visual Basic® or C#. Guided by data-access experts who've worked in depth with LINQ and the Microsoft development teams, Programming Microsoft LINQ in Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Microsoft Press, $49.99 USD) will show you how .NET Framework 4 implements LINQ, and how to exploit it. Clear examples show you how to deliver your own data-access solutions faster and with leaner code.
Discover how to:
- Use LINQ to query databases, object collections, arrays, XML, Microsoft Excel® files, and other sources
- Apply LINQ best practices to build data-enabled .NET applications and services
- Manipulate data in a relational database with ADO.NET Entity Framework or LINQ to SQL
- Read, write, and manage XML content more efficiently with LINQ to XML
- Extend LINQ to support additional data sources by creating custom operators and providers
- Examine other implementations, such as LINQ to SharePoint®
- Use LINQ within the data, business, and service layers of a distributed application
- Get code samples on the Web
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0790145300461
Programming Microsoft® LINQ in Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Publisher: Microsoft Press
By Paolo Pialorsi, Marco Russo
Print ISBN: 9780735640573 Ebook ISBN: 9780735640566
Print Price: $49.99 Ebook Price: $39.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room