August 24, 2011
Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Developer's Handbook--New from Microsoft Press
Sebastopol, CA—Take control of Visual Basic 2010—for everything from basic Windows® and web development to advanced multithreaded applications. Written by Visual Basic experts Klaus Löffelmann and Sarika Calla Purohit, Microsoft® Visual Basic 2010 Developer's Handbook (Microsoft Press, $59.99 USD) provides an in-depth reference on language concepts and features, as well as scenario-based guidance for putting Visual Basic to work. It's ideal whether you're creating new applications with Visual Basic 2010 or upgrading projects built with an earlier version of the language.
Discover how to:
- Use Visual Basic 2010 for Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation projects
- Build robust code using object-oriented programming techniques, such as classes and types
- Work with events and delegates—and add your own events to custom classes
- Program arrays, collections, and other data structures in the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Solve problems quickly and easily using My namespace in Visual Basic
- Dive into Microsoft LINQ, including LINQ to XML and LINQ to Entities
- Tackle threading, multitasking, and multiprocessor development and debugging
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780735627055
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom