Press Release: October 5, 2011
Developer's Guide to Collections in Microsoft® .NET--New from Microsoft Press
Sebastopol, CA—Build the skills to apply Microsoft® .NET collections effectively with this new book from Microsoft Press: Developer's Guide to Collections in Microsoft® .NET ($34.99 USD). Put .NET collections to work—and manage issues with GUI data binding, threading, data querying, and storage.
Led by data collection expert Calvin Janes, you'll gain task-oriented guidance, exercises, and extensive code samples to tackle common problems and improve application performance. This one-stop reference is designed for experienced Microsoft Visual Basic® and C# developers—whether you're already using collections or just starting out.
Discover how to:
- Implement arrays, associative arrays, stacks, linked lists, and other collection types
- Apply built in .NET collection classes by learning their methods and properties
- Add enumerator, dictionary, and other .NET collection interfaces to your classes
- Query collections by writing simple to complex Microsoft LINQ statements
- Synchronize data across threads using built in .NET synchronization classes
- Enhance your custom collection classes with serialization support
- Use simple data binding to display collections in Windows® Forms, Microsoft Silverlight®, and Windows Presentation Foundation
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0790145317193
Developer's Guide to Collections in Microsoft® .NET
Publisher: Microsoft Press
By Calvin Janes
Print ISBN: 9780735659278 Ebook ISBN: 9780735656833
Print Price: $34.99 Ebook Price: $23.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room