Press Release: October 6, 2011
Take Control of Backing Up Your Mac--New from TidBITS
Ithaca, NY—Expanding on and modernizing the advice in its best-selling titles about backups, Take Control Books has published Take Control of Backing Up Your Mac ($15.00 USD), written by award-winning tech writer Joe Kissell.
Fully updated to cover Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and all the latest hardware, software, and online service changes in the backup world, Take Control of Backing Up Your Mac describes how to design a reliable backup system, understand backup lingo, shop for hardware, choose backup software, operate Time Machine (and determine whether Time Machine is a good option and what to do if it's not), make backups, deal with any special backup needs, and—most importantly—recover lost data after a crash or other calamity.
Kissell helps readers:
- Understand the three components of a successful backup strategy.
- Reassess an existing backup strategy in light of changing habits or newly available options.
- Choose a "versioned" backup program like Time Machine, and determine what to do if Time Machine doesn't meet your needs.
- Shop for and prepare a backup hard drive (or drives).
- Set up backup software to make backups work smoothly and reliably.
- Make offsite backups in various ways, including backing up to an online service.
- Handle special backup needs like huge quantities of photos, or backing up several Macs in a home.
- Restore backed up data if disaster strikes!
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781615423941
Take Control of Backing Up Your Mac
By Joe Kissell
Ebook ISBN: 9781615423941
Ebook Price: $15.00
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom