Press Release: November 22, 2011
O'Reilly Velocity 2012 Opens Call for Participation: Web Operations and Performance Conference Seeks Proposals
Sebastopol, CA, November 22, 2011—O'Reilly's Velocity enters its fifth year as the essential web operations and performance conference June 26-28, 2012, at the Grand Hyatt Santa Clara in Santa Clara, CA. Program chairs Steve Souders and John Allspaw have opened the call for participation, requesting proposals for sessions and tutorials.
Velocity covers the entire web operations and performance world, from the technical training necessary for optimal front- and back-end performance to strategies for building resilient applications, infrastructure, and teams. Since its beginning five years ago, Velocity has grown to include sister events in Europe and China.
Velocity 2012 features four overarching tracks: Web Operations, Web Performance, Mobile Performance, and Velocity Culture. Within those tracks, topics of particular interest include:
- How to build resilience into applications, infrastructure, and teams
- Operations escalation and outage handling patterns
- Production datastore architectures at scale
- Effective cloud computing
- TCP, HTTP, and SSL optimizations
- Metrics and monitoring
- Impact on the bottom line
Submit your proposal before January 10, 2012:
Best Price registration opens in March, 2012.
- Joshua Bixby, "The Relationship Between Faster Mobile Sites and Business KPI"
- Ivo Teel & Laurens van Hees "Taking on the Performance Challenge"
- Brian Doll, "The Future of Application Performance Management"
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room