December 19, 2011
iPhone: The Missing Manual, 5th Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—With the iOS5 software and the new iPhone 4S device, Apple has another world-class hit on its hands. This sleek, highly refined pocket computer comes with everything—cellphone, iPod, Internet, camcorder—except a printed manual. David Pogue is back with the latest edition of his witty, crystal-clear, colorful guide—the world's most popular iPhone book—iPhone: The Missing Manual, Fifth Edition (O'Reilly Media, $24.99 USD).
"The elves at Apple's iPhone division have been in overcaffeinated overdrive," says Pogue. "Not only is the iPhone 4S a masterpiece—if you're not giving your phone voice commands, you don't know what you're missing—but iOS 5 is crammed with goodies, including a lot that Apple's marketing people don't even have the space to mention. Fortunately, I did, in this book."
Here's the important stuff you'll learn:
- Use it as a phone. Learn the basics as well as time-saving tricks and tips for contact searching by voice, texting, and more.
- Manage your stuff in the cloud. Sync and back up your contacts and media across all of your devices with iCloud.
- Get things done. Ask Siri to send reminders, place calls, and more.
- Master notifications. Use the Notification Center to find missed messages, calendar invitations, friend requests, and more.
- Connect with other iPhone owners. Send unlimited iMessages to friends, family, and colleagues who are also running iOS5.
- Treat it as an iPod. Master the ins and outs of iTunes, and listen to music, upload and view photos, and fill the iPhone with TV shows and movies.
- Take the iPhone online. Make the most of your online experience to browse the Web, read and compose email, use social networks, or send photos and audio files.
- Go beyond the iPhone. Learn how to use the App Store, and how to multitask between your apps, organize them in folders, and read ebooks in iBooks.
Whether you have a brand-new iPhone or want to update an earlier model with the iOS5 software, this beautiful full-color book is the best, most objective resource available.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920015840.do
You Might Also Be Interested In:
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom