Press Release: December 19, 2011
iPhone: The Missing Manual, 5th Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—With the iOS5 software and the new iPhone 4S device, Apple has another world-class hit on its hands. This sleek, highly refined pocket computer comes with everything—cellphone, iPod, Internet, camcorder—except a printed manual. David Pogue is back with the latest edition of his witty, crystal-clear, colorful guide—the world's most popular iPhone book—iPhone: The Missing Manual, Fifth Edition (O'Reilly Media, $24.99 USD).
"The elves at Apple's iPhone division have been in overcaffeinated overdrive," says Pogue. "Not only is the iPhone 4S a masterpiece—if you're not giving your phone voice commands, you don't know what you're missing—but iOS 5 is crammed with goodies, including a lot that Apple's marketing people don't even have the space to mention. Fortunately, I did, in this book."
Here's the important stuff you'll learn:
- Use it as a phone. Learn the basics as well as time-saving tricks and tips for contact searching by voice, texting, and more.
- Manage your stuff in the cloud. Sync and back up your contacts and media across all of your devices with iCloud.
- Get things done. Ask Siri to send reminders, place calls, and more.
- Master notifications. Use the Notification Center to find missed messages, calendar invitations, friend requests, and more.
- Connect with other iPhone owners. Send unlimited iMessages to friends, family, and colleagues who are also running iOS5.
- Treat it as an iPod. Master the ins and outs of iTunes, and listen to music, upload and view photos, and fill the iPhone with TV shows and movies.
- Take the iPhone online. Make the most of your online experience to browse the Web, read and compose email, use social networks, or send photos and audio files.
- Go beyond the iPhone. Learn how to use the App Store, and how to multitask between your apps, organize them in folders, and read ebooks in iBooks.
Whether you have a brand-new iPhone or want to update an earlier model with the iOS5 software, this beautiful full-color book is the best, most objective resource available.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920015840.do
iPhone: The Missing Manual, 5th Edition
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By David Pogue
Print ISBN: 9781449301774 Ebook ISBN: 9781449301767
Print Price: $24.99 Ebook Price: $19.99
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Tap, Move, Shake
Turning Your Game Ideas into iPhone & iPad Apps
by Todd Moore
Galaxy S II: The Missing Manual
The book that should have been in the box
by Preston Gralla
Head First Mobile Web
A Brain-Friendly Guide
by Lyza Danger Gardner and Jason Grigsby
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room