Press Release: May 15, 2012
Inside Windows® Debugging--A Practical Guide to Debugging and Tracing Strategies in Windows®
Sebastopol, CA—Rethink your use of Windows debugging and tracing tools—and learn how to make them a key part of test-driven software development—with Inside Windows Debugging (Microsoft Press, $39.99 USD). Led by Tarik Soulami, a member of the Windows Fundamentals Team at Microsoft, you'll apply expert debugging and tracing techniques—and sharpen your C++ and C# code analysis skills—through practical examples and common scenarios. Learn why experienced developers use debuggers in every step of the development process, and not just when bugs appear.
Discover how to:
- Go behind the scenes to examine how powerful Windows debuggers work
- Catch bugs early in the development cycle with static and runtime analysis tools
- Gain practical strategies to tackle the most common code defects
- Apply expert tricks to handle user-mode and kernel-mode debugging tasks
- Implement postmortem techniques such as JIT and dump debugging
- Debug the concurrency and security aspects of your software
- Use debuggers to analyze interactions between your code and the operating system
- Analyze software behavior with Xperf and the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) framework
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0790145335500.do
Inside Windows® Debugging
Publisher: Microsoft Press
By Tarik Soulami
Print ISBN: 9780735662780 Ebook ISBN: 9780735662766
Print Price: $39.99 Ebook Price: $31.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room