Press Release: August 21, 2012
Whose Book Is It Anyway?--TOC 2013 Seeks Speakers Who Can Answer the Big Questions
Sebastopol, CA—August 21, 2012—Books have always transported us, and ebooks can take us even further. While digital publishing offers readers better and better user experiences, we can still do more. Publishers, authors, and readers now collaborate to expand both the nature of the book and the very act of reading. Join us at the O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference (TOC) to explore the crucial advances in digital publishing today and help shape superb ebooks for tomorrow. TOC returns to New York City February 12-14, 2013, at the Marriott Marquis.
We still have room for a few more exceptional speakers for TOC 2013, with its "Connect/Explore/Create" theme. Chairs Kat Meyer and Joe Wikert request proposals on a wide-ranging list of publishing topics, including:
- Crafting a quality user experience in every aspect of publishing
- All things open (think platforms, standards, and systems)
- Collaboration and connection (within the industry and across industries; authors to publishers/ authors to readers/publishers to readers)
- Advanced publishing-related technologies
- The latest research from industry experts
- In-depth explorations of successful experimental publishing models
- Metadata, metadata, and more metadata
Submit your proposal before September 6, 2012. Registration opens in October, 2012.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1252 721284