Press Release: October 24, 2012
WordPress: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly Media: Answers Found Here!
Sebastopol, CA—Whether you're a budding blogger or web development professional, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites—if you know how to tap its impressive features. WordPress: The Missing Manual ($29.99, O'Reilly Media) by Matthew MacDonald shows you how to use WordPress and its themes, plug-ins, and widgets to build just about any website you can imagine, from a classy blog to a basic e-commerce site.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Create a blog. Get a free WordPress.com account, choose the right theme, and start publishing content.
- Build a website. Produce a professional-looking business site by customizing a WordPress theme.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of WordPress widgets and plug-ins to extend your site's features.
- Mix in multimedia. Include slideshows, video clips, webcasts, podcasts, and music players.
- Involve your readers. Let readers leave comments, contribute to your site, and carry on a dialog.
- Build an audience. Learn search-engine optimization, measure your reader's favorite pages, and publicize your site.
- Create a community. Use social media tools such as "Like" and sharing buttons, and provide RSS feeds of your posts.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021391.do
For almost 40 years, O'Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company's Safari training and learning platform and at O'Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room