Press Release: December 6, 2012
iOS 6 Programming Cookbook--New from O'Reilly Media: Solutions for iOS Developers
Sebastopol, CA—Want to overcome the vexing issues you're bound to confront when creating apps for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch? By making use of new and revised recipes in iOS 6 Programming Cookbook, you'll quickly learn the steps necessary to write complete iOS apps—including ways to store and protect data, enhance and animate graphics, manage files and folders, and take advantage of Passbook.
Thoroughly updated for iOS 6 SDK, this cookbook shows you how to use hundreds of techniques to solve problems that developers of all levels commonly face. Each recipe includes sample code you can use right away.
- Use Pass Kit to deliver digitally-signed passes such as loyalty cards
- Define the layout of UI elements with Cocoa Auto Layout
- Develop location-aware apps
- Get working examples for implementing gesture recognizers
- Use new Objective-C Runtime features
- Play audio and video files and access the iPod library
- Retrieve contacts and groups from the Address Book
- Determine camera availability and access the Photo Library
- Create multitasking-aware apps
- Use Event Kit to manage calendars, dates, and events
- Apply the accelerometer and gyroscope
- Enhance your app with the iCloud service
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920027683.do
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room