December 6, 2012
iOS 6 Programming Cookbook--New from O'Reilly Media: Solutions for iOS Developers
Sebastopol, CA—Want to overcome the vexing issues you're bound to confront when creating apps for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch? By making use of new and revised recipes in iOS 6 Programming Cookbook, you'll quickly learn the steps necessary to write complete iOS apps—including ways to store and protect data, enhance and animate graphics, manage files and folders, and take advantage of Passbook.
Thoroughly updated for iOS 6 SDK, this cookbook shows you how to use hundreds of techniques to solve problems that developers of all levels commonly face. Each recipe includes sample code you can use right away.
- Use Pass Kit to deliver digitally-signed passes such as loyalty cards
- Define the layout of UI elements with Cocoa Auto Layout
- Develop location-aware apps
- Get working examples for implementing gesture recognizers
- Use new Objective-C Runtime features
- Play audio and video files and access the iPod library
- Retrieve contacts and groups from the Address Book
- Determine camera availability and access the Photo Library
- Create multitasking-aware apps
- Use Event Kit to manage calendars, dates, and events
- Apply the accelerometer and gyroscope
- Enhance your app with the iCloud service
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920027683.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom