Press Release: January 29, 2013
Kindle Fire HD: The Missing Manual, 2nd Edition--New from O'Reilly Media: Answers Found Here!
Sebastopol, CA—Amazon's Kindle Fire HD combines the most popular e-reader and tablet features in one sleek package, and with Kindle Fire HD: The Missing Manual, 2nd Edition, you'll master everything the Fire has to offer. With loads of illustrations, step-by-step instructions, and savvy tips, you'll learn how to manage your media library in the cloud, find the coolest apps, and make the most of your Kindle Fire experience—no matter which model you choose.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Read all about it. Find ebooks and newspapers in the Kindle Store, and add your own books and magazines.
- Use great new features. Discover Amazon's X-Ray service, and parental controls for individual users.
- Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and display your photos and videos.
- Go online. Browse the Web and manage email with Wi-Fi and 4D LTE.
- Fill up your jukebox. Listen to your favorite music from Amazon and iTunes.
- Load up on apps. Get popular games, guides, and references with Amazon's Apps for Android.
- Get to work. Read PDFs, Word files, Excel spreadsheets, and other docs.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
About the Author
Peter Meyers designs, speaks, and writes about digital books. His most recent writing projects include Best iPad Apps (O'Reilly Media, 2010) and Breaking the Page: Transforming Books and the Reading Experience. He blogs at www.newkindofbook.com and you can follow him on Twitter @petermeyers. Peter's undergraduate degree is from Harvard, and he has an MFA in fiction from the Iowa Writers' Workshop.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028383.do
For almost 40 years, O'Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company's Safari training and learning platform and at O'Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room