Press Release: November 20, 2013
iPad: The Missing Manual, 6th Edition--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Super-fast processors, streamlined Internet access, and free productivity and entertainment apps make Apple's new iPads the hottest tablets around. But to get the most from them, you need an owner's manual up to the task. That's where iPad: The Missing Manual, 6th Edition, comes in. You'll quickly learn how to import, create, and play back media; shop wirelessly; sync content across devices; keep in touch over the Internet; and even take care of business.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Take tap lessons. Become an expert 'Padder with the new iPad Air, the iPad Mini with Retina display, or any earlier iPad.
- Take your media with you. Enjoy your entire media library—music, photos, movies, TV shows, books, games, and podcasts.
- Surf like a maniac. Hit the Web with the streamlined Safari browser and the iPad's ultrafast WiFi connection or 4G LTE network.
- Run the show. Control essential iPad functions instantly by opening the Control Center from any screen.
- Beam files to friends. Wirelessly share files with other iOS 7 users with AirDrop.
- Get creative with free iLife apps. Edit photos with iPhoto, videos with iMovie, and make music with GarageBand.
- Get to work. Use the iPad's free iWork suite, complete with word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation apps.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Additional ResourcesFor more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920027485.do
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room