Gilad Rosner on privacy in the age of the Internet of Things
The O’Reilly Hardware Podcast: Safeguarding against new privacy risks.
In this episode of the O’Reilly Hardware Podcast, Jeff Bleiel and I speak with Gilad Rosner, a privacy and information policy researcher, and the founder of the Internet of Things Privacy Forum. Rosner is also the author of the recently-published free O’Reilly ebook, “Privacy and the Internet of Things.”
- Current concerns about how widely information collected by IoT devices will be shared
- Current and future regulations affecting both governmental and private actors
- Similarities and differences between privacy attitudes and laws in the U.S. and Europe
- Why privacy is essential for the existence of democratic societies
- What to expect in the near future in data protection regulation in both the U.S. and Europe