What tools do successful data scientists and analysts use, and how much money do they make? We surveyed hundreds of attendees at the O'Reilly Strata Conferences in Santa Clara, California and New York to understand.
Findings from the survey include:
- Average number of tools and median income for all respondents
- Distribution of responses by age, location, industry, and position
- Detailed analysis of tools used by respondents and correlation to their salaries - including by tool clusters (Hadoop, SQL/Excel, and other)
- Correlation of specialized big data tools usage and salary
What tools should you be learning and using? Read this valuable report to gain insight from these potentially career-changing findings.
- Title: 2013 Data Science Salary Survey
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491949146
You might also like
2017 Data Science Salary Survey
Get a clear picture of the salaries and bonuses data science professionals around the world receive, …
2017 Ops Salary Survey
Get a clear picture of what operations professionals do, what they're paid, how they’re seen within …
2017 Design Salary Survey
The results of O’Reilly’s second annual Design Salary Survey are in. Conducted last autumn, the anonymous …
2016 Design Salary Survey
This past autumn, O’Reilly Media for the first time conducted an anonymous online survey of salaries …