What tools do successful data scientists and analysts use, and how much money do they make? We surveyed hundreds of attendees at the O'Reilly Strata Conferences in Santa Clara, California and New York to understand.
Findings from the survey include:
- Average number of tools and median income for all respondents
- Distribution of responses by age, location, industry, and position
- Detailed analysis of tools used by respondents and correlation to their salaries - including by tool clusters (Hadoop, SQL/Excel, and other)
- Correlation of specialized big data tools usage and salary
What tools should you be learning and using? Read this valuable report to gain insight from these potentially career-changing findings.
- Title: 2013 Data Science Salary Survey
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491949146
You might also like
Messy code is a nuisance. "Tidying" code, to make it more readable, requires breaking it up …
Designing Large Language Model Applications
Transformer-based language models are powerful tools for solving a variety of language tasks and represent a …
When it comes to building user interfaces on the web, React enables web developers to unlock …
Modern Software Engineering: Doing What Works to Build Better Software Faster
Improve Your Creativity, Effectiveness, and Ultimately, Your Code In Modern Software Engineering, continuous delivery pioneer David …