What tools do successful data scientists and analysts use, and how much money do they make? We surveyed hundreds of attendees at the O'Reilly Strata Conferences in Santa Clara, California and New York to understand.
Findings from the survey include:
- Average number of tools and median income for all respondents
- Distribution of responses by age, location, industry, and position
- Detailed analysis of tools used by respondents and correlation to their salaries - including by tool clusters (Hadoop, SQL/Excel, and other)
- Correlation of specialized big data tools usage and salary
What tools should you be learning and using? Read this valuable report to gain insight from these potentially career-changing findings.
- Title: 2013 Data Science Salary Survey
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491949146
You might also like
Beyond Basic Statistics: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Data Analyst Should Know
Features basic statistical concepts as a tool for thinking critically, wading through large quantities of information, …
Natural Language Processing with PyTorch
Natural Language Processing (NLP) provides boundless opportunities for solving problems in artificial intelligence, making products such …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …