What tools do successful data scientists and analysts use, and how much money do they make? We surveyed hundreds of attendees at the O'Reilly Strata Conferences in Santa Clara, California and New York to understand.
Findings from the survey include:
- Average number of tools and median income for all respondents
- Distribution of responses by age, location, industry, and position
- Detailed analysis of tools used by respondents and correlation to their salaries - including by tool clusters (Hadoop, SQL/Excel, and other)
- Correlation of specialized big data tools usage and salary
What tools should you be learning and using? Read this valuable report to gain insight from these potentially career-changing findings.
Table of contents
- Title: 2013 Data Science Salary Survey
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491949146
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Python for Data Analysis, 3rd Edition
Get the definitive handbook for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …