The speed of change in web development, in terms of favored tooling, techniques, and standards, allows for much innovation in a vibrant ecosystem of developers. It also presents challenges for those trying to keep up. What can you earn as a web developer today? How does the type of job, the language you use, or your geographic location affect your salary?
Based on a survey of more than 2,000 developers, O’Reilly’s inaugural web salary survey provides valuable insight from respondents in 51 countries and all 50 US states. This survey, conducted in the spring of 2016, examines the current world of software development—and the careers that propel it—in great detail.
In this report, you’ll learn:
- Salaries by country and by regions in the US, as well as by age, education, gender, and bargaining skills
- The best and worst industries to work for in this field, and how company size determines salary amount
- How web developer salaries are affected by job title, number of hours worked per week, and on-the-job activities
- Respondents’ choices of different languages, platforms, and tools, including clusters of related tools
Table of contents
- Large-Scale Findings
- Developers’ Personal Characteristics
- Company Characteristics
- Job Characteristics
- Tools, Languages, and Platforms
- Title: 2016-2017 Web Salary Survey
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491969014
You might also like
As more companies move toward microservices and other distributed technologies, the complexity of these systems increases. …
Node.js 8 the Right Way
Node.js is the platform of choice for creating modern web services. This fast-paced book gets you …
Architecture Patterns with Python
As Python continues to grow in popularity, projects are becoming larger and more complex. Many Python …
Why is GraphQL the most innovative technology for fetching data since Ajax? By providing a query …