Early this year, more than 5000 software engineers, developers, and other programming professionals participated in O’Reilly Media’s first Software Development Salary Survey. Participants included professionals from large and small companies in a variety of industries across 51 countries and all 50 US states. With the complete survey results in this in-depth report, you’ll be able to explore the world of software development—and the careers that propel it—in great detail.
With this report, you’ll learn:
- The top programming languages that respondents currently use professionally
- Where programmers make the highest salaries—by country and by regions in the US
- Salary ranges by industry and by specific programming language
- The difference in earnings between programmers who work on tiny teams vs those work on larger teams
- The most common programming languages that respondents no longer use in their work
- The most common languages that respondents intend to learn within the next couple of years
Pick up a copy of this report and find out where you stand in the programming world. We encourage you to plug in your own data points to our survey model to see how you compare to other programming professionals in your industry.
- Title: 2016 Software Development Salary Survey
- Release date: May 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491959497
You might also like
Real-World Software Development
Explore the latest Java-based software development techniques and methodologies through the project-based approach in this practical …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Learning Java Functional Programming
Create robust and maintainable Java applications using the functional style of programming About This Book Explore …