How do data science salaries for people in Europe compare to their counterparts in the rest of the world? Among the more than 1000 people who responded to O’Reilly’s 2016 Data Science Salary Survey, 359 live and work in various European countries as data scientists, analysts, engineers, and related professions.
This report takes a deep dive into the survey results from respondents in various regions of Europe, including the tools they use, the compensation they receive, and the roles they play in their respective organizations. Even if you didn’t take part in the survey, you can still plug your own information into the survey’s simple linear model to see where you fit.
With this report, you’ll learn:
- How salaries vary by country and specific regions in Europe
- Average size of companies by region
- How salary is affected by a country’s GDP
- Top industries for data scientists, including software, banking, finance, retail, and ecommerce
- Most commonly used tools vs tools used by respondents with above-average salaries
- Primary and secondary job tasks performed by survey respondents
To stay up-to-date on this research, your participation is crucial. The survey is now open for the 2017 report; please take just 5 to 10 minutes to participate in the survey here.
- Title: 2017 European Data Science Salary Survey
- Release date: February 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491977491
You might also like
Data Science on the Google Cloud Platform, 2nd Edition
Learn how easy it is to apply sophisticated statistical and machine learning methods to real-world problems …
Speak with Confidence
In Speak with Confidence: Overcome Self-Doubt, Communicate Clearly, and Inspire Your Audience, keynote speaker, author, and …
Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
Pragmatic Insights for Successfully Managing Your Unique Agile Team or Organization In many organizations, management is …
Code Complete, 2nd Edition
Widely considered one of the best practical guides to programming, Steve McConnell’s original CODE COMPLETE has …