Earned value (EV) metric
- To what extent are our projects making the desired progress?
- Why: To better understand whether your projects are delivering the value you expect
- What: To measure the project progress to date
- When: When project performance matters
- The question this indicator helps you to answer: to what extent are our projects making the desired progress?
Why does this KPI matter?
With the two previous KPIs (PSV and PCV) we looked at the performance level after project completion. Especially for bigger and longer projects it is useful to monitor actual progress to date to get an understanding of where we are compared to where we should be.
To this end the earned value (EV) metric has been developed. EV is a project tracking ...