1. 3D shows generate massive quantities of metadata and image data.
2. Metadata is an asset and part of your show’s intellectual property. Metadata is metacontent.
3. Your show has a different metadata requirement than any other show.
4. A metadata workflow plan can greatly reduce your show’s schedule, budget, resource and technical risks.
5. Finding a post provider who speaks your show’s metadata language can be challenging.
Metadata can be a major or a minor part of some 3D shows. The purpose of this Appendix section is to:
• Describe the relationship between metadata and 3D post workflows
• Provide examples of 3D metadata and various scenarios showing how 3D teams now use metadata
• Introduce a limited ...