Want something? Print it–with your own 3D printer!
Right now, you can print practically any 3D object you can imagine–from toys to gadgets to replacement parts, and beyond! All you need is a 3D printer…and they’re simpler and cheaper than you ever imagined. This full-color, step-by-step guide will get you started–and if you want, it’ll even walk you through building your own 3D printer from an inexpensive kit.
Packed with colorful photos and screenshots, it explains all the crucial details other books skip. You’ll walk through choosing and assembling your new 3D printer kit…brainstorming and designing new objects with free software…and then printing them on your brand-new 3D printer.
3D printing is today’s hottest new technological revolution, and this book takes you right to the cutting edge!
Discover how 3D printers work and what you can do with them
Compare and choose your first 3D printer–either pre-built or kit
Assemble Printrbot Simple, one of the world’s easiest 3D printer kits
Install and configure software that tells your 3D printer what to do
Print your first 3D project from an existing object file
Use free Tinkercad software to create your own original 3D models
Explore AutoDesk’s free software for 3D printing
Use Print-It-For-You services for projects your home printer can’t handle
Find great 3D printing projects and models on the Web
Imagine creative new uses for your 3D printer
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Introduction: Welcome to 3D Printing!
- 1. The Big Question—What is 3D Printing?
- 2. Find Yourself a 3D Printer
- 3. Assembly Assistance for the Printrbot Simple
- 4. Configuring the Software
- 5. First Print with the Simple
- 6. Free 3D Modeling Software
- 7. Creating a 3D Model with Tinkercad
- 8. More 3D Modeling Tools
- 9. Further Explorations
- 10. Alternatives to the Printrbot Simple
- 11. Where Do I Go From Here?
- A. 3D Printer and Modeling Resources
- Title: 3D Printing: Build Your Own 3D Printer and Print Your Own 3D Objects
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133553413
You might also like
3D Printing For Dummies, 2nd Edition
The bestselling book on 3D printing 3D printing is one of the coolest inventions we've seen …
Exploring Arduino, 2nd Edition
The bestselling beginner Arduino guide, updated with new projects! Exploring Arduino makes electrical engineering and embedded …
Make: Tips and Tales from the Workshop
The hard-earned tips and tricks gained by experience are the hidden currency of makers -- passed …
Fusion 360 for Makers
Learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 to digitally model your own original projects for a …