When looking at two objects side by side, one with a burl oak finish and the other with a brushed aluminum finish, it is easy to see the difference in the texture of the objects. In this lesson you will learn about textures and the use of maps in 3ds Max. This lesson will show you what maps are used for and how to apply them to objects.
After completing this lesson, you will:
• Understand what a texture is
• Understand the difference between a material and a texture
• Learn what map channels are
• Be able to use map channels to build a material
• Learn to create realistic real-world textures
• Understand the difference ...