Learning the basics of MAXScript is similar to learning the basics of any other programming language. In this chapter, you will first learn how to access MAXScript, then proceed to common concepts of programming languages such as syntax, logic, and program flow. You will then finish by learning how to code a basic script.
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand MAXScript basics.
- Use the MAXScript Listener and Macro Recorder.
- Create variables, work with different data types, and use functions.
- Create and modify objects.
- Create arrays and loops.
- Work with both the MAXScript Listener and MAXScript Editor.
This chapter provides you with an introduction to MAXScript and ...
Get 3ds Max 8 MAXScript Essentials now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.